Monday 19 March 2012

Cowboys & The Cavalry

I have recently been given the honour of representing the views of my fellow Solar PV Installers on the newly created Clean Energy Council's Accredited Installer Reference Group. I am always keen to hear the views and concerns of my colleagues so it comes as no great surprise that the overwhelming comments I've heard of late, is that more needs to be done to drive the "cowboys" away from the industry. One of the best ways that this can happen is to initiate a "Pre-commissioning Inspection" of every Solar PV installation by an independent assessor. I believe that this is approach taken in Victoria, so if anyone has any statistics that they think would help, please feel free to share I know that this would drive up the price of a system for the customer, but I think that it would be a small price to pay for piece of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment